Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pegs

Well, today is a day at home and of course it is about to rain. Had washing hanging out but brought it in as it had started to sprinkle, but isn't it always the way, when you have washing hanging out. Thank goodness for my handy dandy washing area near my very comfy hammock.



I have finally started on two coat hanger covers for my friend's kids, I just don't think anyone should go through life using only plastic coat hangers to hang their lovely clothes. I am using the 75% recycled cotton that I bought recently, and I have quite a bit, unfortunately in only a couple of colours :( but it is easy to work with and I bought a lot of it on special so I am not going to complain.

The men are back at work and school after their quick trip away, though they very reluctantly went, they obviously have too much of a good time when off that they don't want to go back (what a surprise). I am catching up on their washing today and they didn't make too much of a mess when they got home Monday evening (what a surprise).

Of all things to be excited about, I am about pegs. I have just bought some new ones on the Internet and they are very cool. I am sick of pegs that break and deteriorate and leave marks on the clothes, I have been thinking about how maybe those old fashioned ones might be the go but where do you find them? I guess putting out the vibe/question into the world was a good thing, as the answer was delivered to me via one of the forums I regularly visit.



So, I ordered these pegs, they are lovely colours and apparently last for years and they shouldn't break and leave less marks. They seem quite sturdy and I bought a few packets so I could put some away and gradually replace the old yucky pegs. And here is the site I ordered them from, it was easy and they were very prompt,
http://www.maidofshade.com.au/

It is the little things that make life easier, it is amazing how many things we take for granted, imagine not having pegs, you still could dry things but it would be harder. It is like having a sore foot suddenly and not being able to walk properly, your feet are something people rarely think about until they play up, our health, technology, electricity (how much do you miss that when there is a blackout, no fans in the hot weather), water. There a lot of things we take for granted, that we don't think about until it is no longer there, so pegs may sound silly but I am grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment