Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Day of Rest

Must be because it is Sunday, but I am tired. We always relax more on a Sunday but I feel really lazy today.

I made banana pancakes for breakfast this morning, no ice cream :( but my partner in crime and life thinks that is too unhealthy, so we just put golden syrup on them. He is such a spoilsport, but I suppose you get to a point where if you want to live to that 150 that I keep spouting off about you have to look after yourself (by the way, I have to live to 150 as there is too much to do, places to go and people to meet, anything less and I don't have enough time so I have to look after myself) though my Mother-in-law has told me I will be all wrinkly so why, but as long as I can still do stuff I don't care how wrinkly I am, just let mother nature take her course :)

Pancakes

1 cup SR flour
1 large egg
1cup milk
1-3 bananas

Mix and cook

A friend of mine yesterday reminded me about the pancakes as she uses up her old bananas at the end of the week, and we haven't had them for a while so we did. We always have old bananas in the freezer. We once went with them to the beach and made pancakes on the BBQs there for breakfast (including ice cream), I think the kids were still in their PJs.


Our number one and only son made the bread today, he loves homemade bread, so does everyone else, but he needs to learn how to make it and earn his keep :)


MMMMMM, the smell of freshly baked bread. Now it is time to cut the ends off it and slather it with butter (not margarine), maybe I won't make it to 150 after all, no control :))


We are going through some mayonnaise, I think I am addicted to it, and now have started putting it on many different things, but it is so yum. My mum has always made her own mayonnaise (at least from when I took notice of it), the homemade stuff is much tastier and at least I know what is in it and no extras.

Mayonnaise

1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2/3 - 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 egg yolk, unbeaten
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
Cayenne Pepper to taste

Put the ingredients into a jar in this order, put the lid on and shake like crazy.

I end up putting a whole jar of sweetened condensed milk in just so I don't eat the rest, and my partner in crime and life won't have a go at me for doing so. See, saves me all round, I don't have leftovers hanging around and I don't get in trouble for eating out of the tin.



Our number one and only son made a volcano out of paper mache today, yes that is a beer bottle holding it up in the centre and he has spray painted it. He is going to put bicarb and vinegar in the bottle and watch it fizz up and hopefully not kill anything. He once did a bottle rocket, same thing with the vinegar and bicarb, nearly killed himself when it went off, pretty impressive though.

No comments:

Post a Comment