Monday, August 30, 2010

Eating Out Of Our Garden

10mm in the rain gauge this morning is making me pretty happy, the tanks are getting another top up and I don't have to water the garden. The rain is still coming down today which means inside stuff today, and that is fine by me.

Last week was quite busy with me going into town twice for dentist appointments then for Tai Chi and can't remember what else but I spent a bit of time away from home, so it is nice to now have a few days at home.

Yesterday our number one and only son had a friend come up for the day with his parents and bring his motorbike. The boys had a great time riding around and the track is now getting well worn.

My partner in crime and life had his first day off work in a few weeks so that was good, and things should now be easing up a bit for him which means that life at home will also be easier and we miss having him at home.



I have picked a few things our of the garden the last couple of days - corn, beans, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, radishes, sweet capsicum. The beans and corn went into our chicken curry last night,(just sliced off the kernels), radishes and lettuce went to our visitors yesterday, lettuce, tomatoes and sweet capsicum went onto a toasted sandwich for my breaky this morning.


I picked two corn cobs but one had been eaten, and had little wiggly buggy things, the other one was small but perfect :D


On one of my many trips into town last week I bought some outdoor tables and chairs to put out in the paddock. This has been in my head for quite a while, and I have on occasion dragged out on old lay-about thing and sat out there with a beer or cuppa.


We already had the umbrella, and the table and chairs (and the nicely mowed grass)finished the picture perfectly. Unfortunately, we have only sat out there once since getting them as it has been raining the rest of the time, but I can look out there occasionally and look forward to all the times when I will be able to be out there with a book and a cup of tea or a beer in the afternoon after my partner in crime and life gets home from work and watch the sun set :D

2 comments:

  1. The garden setting looks lovely sitting there amongst the green. I am sure it will get well used during the warmer weather.

    We are having lovely sunshine here at the moment.

    Have a great week,

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tania, on the days it hasn't been raining we sat out in the afternoon, it is so peaceful looking out at the bush and having a chat.

    KJ

    ReplyDelete