Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cyclone Yasi Photos

It looks like our internet is running properly as of yesterday afternoon so I am posting our photos from last week.


Our shipping container that we spent the night in when the cyclone came over. My partner in crime and life tied it down with a steel cable and recovery strap, but I am pretty sure that if the cyclone had of gone right over the top of us it would not have been enough. A category five cyclone can lift nearly anything.


We moved the cars onto the veranda in front of the doors, but I guess it depends of which way the doors blew, in or out, to what would be damaged. However my partner in crime and life did tech screw the doors closed, there was a lot of differing information about what was the best thing to do with roller doors.


Our poor chook pen only got one rope over the top of it, next time it will have a lot more as I won't be catching the chooks, they scream bloody murder and I think they would take their chances. Of course I will probably change my mind on that as I don't think I could stand the thought of them being out there.


We moved the boat and trailers to around the back of the containers and filled the boat with water and taped up the windows. Apparently the noughts and crosses style is better than crosses style.

Well I lost half my post as the power went out and the internet went haywire and didn't save properly, so I am now running on the generator and will quickly post and try to remember what else I wrote later :D

2 comments:

  1. You Aussies have had a horrifically bad year, haven't you? That flooding was just awful and now this cyclone. It sounds like you are making the best of it and coming up with some pretty smart plans for surviving whatever nature decides to hit you with next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We certainly have,and not many across the country have been unaffected. The lastest thing was raging fires in Western Australia where a lot of homes were reduced to ashes. Extreme weather conditions everywhere makes these things worse.

    You HAVE to prepare but I know a lot of people who still don't.

    ReplyDelete