Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Today I have done some cooking as the men are getting hungry, or will be. It has been a true home day with being in the kitchen and just around the house.


I have been saying that we will cook hot cross buns as we have been buying them, and to get really nice ones with no preservatives etc it costs a bit. So all was going well, using my new handy dandy mix master (which I love and would never go back to a handheld one).


The crosses on the top didn't go on particularly well and I think I need to find a new recipe to get oven temperatures right. So I ended up with some mutant hot cross buns which look nothing like hot cross buns and it is just as well they taste like hot cross buns :)


So I was quite happy when my jam drops worked well and looked like they were supposed to, however this recipe also confused me. It is a very basic biscuit recipe with just four ingredients, 1 cup softened butter, 1/2 cup caster sugar, 2 cups plain flour and jam. Cream the butter and sugar then fold in the flour and make balls and put on trays then put a little dent in top of biscuit and put jam in it. Put in the oven for about 15 minutes and cook till lightly brown.

That all sounds good but there was no temperature for the oven so I put them in at 180 degrees and that was good. The thing that confused me was that I was supposed to make 60 biscuits and I think they would have made the smallest biscuits in history as I only managed 26 average sized ones. What are some people thinking?

So I will make these biscuits again, but I think the hot cross buns requires more research. So off I go researching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment